London’s biggest and best summer music festival series returns in 2022 after a pandemic-induced two-year hiatus, With British Summer Time bringing their Great Oak Stage back to London’s iconic Hyde Park. And what a ridiculous line-up they’re bringing!
Festivities kick off on Friday 24th June with the living legend that is Sir Elton John opening the series, with concerts running across three consecutive weekends and a free midweek programme called Open House available to the public on the festival site. The show will form part of the iconic musician’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour, which saw him begin in Allentown, Pennsylvania on 8 September 2018 and will take in over 300 concerts worldwide, finishing in 2023.
Saturday 25th June sees The Rolling Stones return to Hyde Park as they celebrate 60 years of being together for the first of two nights across the series that will, no doubt, go down in history — as have the Mick Jagger-fronted rock legends’ previous shows at Hyde Park. This time, however, founding member and drummer Charlie Watts will no longer be with us, having passed away last summer. The wonderful Steve Jordan taking over on sticks will, no doubt, ensure a raucous night is had by all.
This recently created charity does this by:
- Sensitively and sustainably protecting and conserving the heritage landscapes of the parks
- Adding value to every visit by providing information and opportunities to find out more about the historic significance of the parks and the wildlife that lives in them today
- Supporting and encouraging the development of biodiversity in the parks
- Encouraging visitors to support their physical and mental health by using the parks for relaxation and exercise
It costs £40m a year to manage the parks. The charity raises around 75 percent of this money itself, with the remaining 25 per cent coming from the Government.
Full listing to date:
Fri 24th Jun: Elton John
Sat 25th Jun: The Rolling Stones + The War On Drugs, Phoebe Bridgers, Vista Kicks, JJ Rosa, Kelly McGrath
Sun 26th Jun: Eagles+ Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Little Big Town, Cam, Morgan Wade, The Wandering Hearts, Patrick Droney
Fri 1st Jul: Adele
Sat 2nd Jul: Adele
Sun 3rd Jul: The Rolling Stones + Sam Fender, Courtney Barnett, Christone Kingfish Ingram, The Dinner Party, The Flints
Fri 8th Jul: Pearl Jam + Pixies, Cat Power, White Reaper, The Murder Capital, The Glorious Sons, Simon Townshend, La Luz, Sick Joy, Dream Nails
Sat 9th Jul: Pearl Jam+ Stereophonics, Imelda May, The Last Internationale, La Luz, JJ Wilde, The Wild Things
Sun 10th Jul: Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers & Chic
Photos by Kalpesh Patel and Simon Reed