Foo Fighters drummer extraordinaire Taylor Hawkins has announced the release of the third record with his Coattail Riders outfit. Following on from the group’s 2006 eponymous effort and 2010’s Red Light Fever – which toured at London’s Scala with the likes of Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor joining Hawkins on stage – Get The Money will drop on 8th November.
Produced by John Lousteau along with Hawkins and mixed by Sylvia Massy, Get The Money follows Taylor’s 2016 six-song mini-LP KOTA that featured Hawkins on lead vocals and nearly every instrument.
The new album finds Hawkins and Coattail Riders Chris Chaney, Brent Woods and John Lousteau accompanied by an all-star supporting cast including fellow Foo Fighters, Dave Grohl and Pat Smear, Queen’s Roger Taylor, Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan, Heart star Nancy Wilson, Pretenders frontwoman, Janes Addiction’s Perry Farrell, LeAnn Rimes and more, collectively creating a staggering, epic sprawl that swerves from classic rock to prog and glam and all points between.
Have a listen to Crossed The Line Below, one of the new album cuts featuring Foo frontman Dave Grohl:
Hawkins is a tour de force in Foo Fighters, hammering his kit night after night, often elevated to prime viewing position high above the stage as well as taking up lead vocal duties on 2005’s Cold Day In The Sun and the growling Sunday Rain from the stadium rockers’ latest LP Concrete and Gold.
Check out the track listing for Get The Money:
- Crossed the Line (featuring Dave Grohl, Jon Davison
- Don’t Look At Me That Way (featuring Duff McKagan, Nancy Wilson
- You’re No Good at Life No More (featuring Dave Grohl)
- I Really Blew It (featuring Dave Grohl, Perry Farrell)
- Queen Of The Clowns (featuring Mark King)
- Get the Money (featuring Joe Walsh, Chrissie Hynde, Duff McKagan)
- C U in Hell (featuring LeAnn Rimes)
- Middle Child (featuring Dave Grohl)
- Kiss the Ring
- Shapes Of Things (featuring Roger Taylor, Pat Smear, Steve Jones, Gannin Arnold)
And while we cross our fingers for a Coattail Riders tour on these shores, Hawkins is reconvening with Foo Fighters for writing sessions for their 10th LP.